Web technology is currently undergoing a sea-change which makes it a strong contender for becoming an open, royalty-free standards-based platform for networked media that levels the playing field and enables new market participants, including European players.
The Open Media Web project aims to build on Europe’s strength in multimedia technology and content to enable European research and industry to strengthen its position in Web technology.
The project is lead by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an industry consortium of currently more than 300 members from research and industry. The Director of the consortium is Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the Web.
[OMWeb flyer for download: pdf]
- When used on the Web, the icon must be an active link to:
- You may only post the graphic found at:
- The icon must not be used in any manner which implies Open Media Web sponsorship or endorsement of your product, service, or Web site
- The icon may not be used to disparage Open Media Web.
- The icon must stand alone: it cannot be combined with any other design element such as photography, type, borders, nor can it be incorporated into another logo]